Setup for a draw

Dan

Setup for a draw

Post by Dan »

Hey Ross,
I want to "move" the ball - hitting fades and draws depending on the shot I want. I watched your video and went to your old "moveless..." website for information. Here is your instruction,
("...for a draw, you want to loosen up your grip and rotate the face closed a little, then re-grip. You are essentially gripping the club with a slightly closed club face. Now, just let your arms and club hang, walk over to the ball (it should be just inside your front foot) and with the your arms still hanging, use your feet to rotate your body to line up the club face (to your target) just behind the ball. Once you are lined up, just sit down. Do not adjust your feet. Your feet should already be in perfect position.")
This is great - I understand it. At the range I setup for a draw, I almost have the feeling that my back is turned toward the target. Is this the feeling I should have?
Now it's a matter of sorting how much face closure for the right target. The ball sure draws! I notice by closing the face just a small amount I'm hitting the ball solid and the ball hits the ground a runs. I should probably hit a small fade more often.