One Piece Takeaway

Reposted

One Piece Takeaway

Post by Reposted »

alanschulte Jul 17, 2021
Ross: Is the takeaway on our swing a "one piece takeaway?" I was asked the question by a friend of mine and quite frankly didn't know the answer. Thanks.

Ross Jul 18, 2021
Yes, partly, depending on which/who's definition you choose to attach to the term. All I know is Carl Lohren noticed long ago that Ben Hogan would start the back swing (or takeaway) using his shoulders first to move the club and arms. Hogan also had a drawing in his 5 Lessons book, of the arms close together with a rope wrapped around them keeping them close together. I have used both of these concepts to develop our takeaway or start of the back swing. I have changed and added my own tweaks to improve the ideas. Many other instructors add hinging and redirecting to try to control swing plane and add distance at a great cost to consistency with no benefits. The best thought is to keep it simple ... learn the duplessisgolf setup, and just use your "shoulders" only to move the arms and club. Hope this answers your question.

alanschulte Jul 19, 2021
Thank you. Yes it did.

Femgolf1 Jul 23, 2021
Does the chest remain steady center while the SHOULDERS move on the takeaway and so create a kind of internal tension in the abdomen / the core. Please what is this shoulders alone "first"? I only end my backswing at the end of the "takeaway " when my SHOULDERS cant go any further and this seems as if the clubhead is on the ground or at 80clock! Ross Jul 23, 2021
Visit DUPLESSISGOLF.COM - Become a Member or
Have your Golf Swing Analyzed by Ross duPlessis
dupgolf

Re: One Piece Takeaway

Post by dupgolf »

Great!