Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
alanschulte
Ross:  I am getting bored watching it snow and was wondering where the toe of the club should be pointing when the club is waist high on the backswing and waist high on the through swing.  Should it be pointing up to the sky or not?  
Ross
Watch the lesson video "Square Club Face" in the Swing Section.  It will explain.  In general the Leading Edge will be "roughly" at a 45° angle "roughly" about waist high (everyone different).  Most golfers use their hands to help take the club back on the backswing in they usually open the club face by rolling the face open.  With my method we use the shoulders to take the arms/club back on the backswing.  If a golfer truly uses the shoulders on the backswing, the face should just remain how it was at setup and that would have the leading edge at about 45° at waist high.  

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
alanschulte
Ross:  I have a slightly different question in your video about taking it back with a square club face when you refer to the wrists hinging.  It feels like I have more success, hit the ball more solid and get more distance when I feel like my wrists stay solid and don't move or hinge on the backswing.  Am I missing something critical here?    
Ross
No... and you are totally correct.  The video was made before I discovered just keeping the shape from impact.  There have been discussions on this in the forums. Here is a link to a post also in the Blog...  https://movelessgetgood.com/to-hinge-or-not-to-hinge/ 
This will help explain... Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.