Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
EmailsToRoss
I would like to take the time to thank you so much for your technique, I sent you a video which you analyzed back in May.  I worked on your suggestions all summer on the range to the point fellow members jokingly said are you ever going to play which I responded not until I master this.  Well, it was November 15th and the course was almost closed for winter, I sneaked out to a par three to hit a few final shots for the season, I have 3 layers on a winter hat while there are snow flurries in the air and the temperature around 31 and 28 with the windchill.  
Well if I didn't have a Caddy Shack moment, I finally got it, my breakthrough was understanding alignment and having the arms on top of the chest.  It wasn't until I started reading the forums after the fact I picked up on that tidbit on the chest and arms.
I hit that par 3 four out five of my last shots, prior to that I think I hit that green once in the season.  
I walked over to the par 4 that takes me back to the clubhouse and decided to tee it up, Ross style of course.
I crushed it and pared the hole!
Two days later the course was under 6 inches of snow.
You have renewed my passion for golf, I gave it up for 8 years out of frustration, now again I dream of play in the Master at 55, Ok it is just a dream, not an obsession, just saying.
In the spring when the snow has melted or sooner if I make it to Florida as most loyal Canadain golfers do, I will send you a video you to critique.
Thanks again, Ross!
David

From Ross:
David.  I love your email.  The best part is the process and how you committed to learning.  This is what life is all about.  If you don’t mind, I’d like to put your story in the EmailsToRoss section at the forum so others can be inspired.  If not … no worries.  Your success made my day… thanks
Ross

© Copyright 2005-2019 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.