Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Silky1 Show full post »
Ross
Oh, sorry I missed that.  No, the weight does not increase on the front foot*.  If anything, there would be a very slight increase in the inside of the back foot due to the shoulders turning the arms/club around the spine.

FYI... 60% is not an exact variable ... it is just the idea that, if you don't keep more weight forward during the  backswing, you'll invariably slide and that is real bad.  The key is to setup braced into the back leg, so the shoulders have something to wind up against.

* If your weight is increasing on the front foot during the backswing, you may be letting the top of your back/shoulders lean towards the target.  This is not good.  Keep the shoulders level and turn them at 90° around the spine, without the top of the spine leaning towards the target.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Tallguy
Perfect!  Thanks, Ross!
Tallguy
Ross:  I'm moving my head forward in the downswing.  Any drills or ideas on how to stop this?  Thanks!
Ross
Usually if you're moving your head/body forward on the downswing, it is because you are moving off the ball on the backswing or sliding towards the back foot.  As I mentioned above, keeping 60% weight on the front foot should help keep you in place so there is no need to move forward on the downswing.  Also, the Stop Swaying drill will help.  One other idea I've used is to focus on keeping my "chest" on the ball as my shoulders wind around my spine.  Now the chest turns a little, but do not let it drift back ... this helps too.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.