Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
EmailsToRoss
Ross,
I came across your square club face video about a year ago. I have hit the ball amazingly consistent with very little practice. Played Friday for the first time in 3 months and missed 2 fairways and 1 green! My bad shots are still solid and off a little left or right.  I am still amazed that all the swing "gurus" out there continue to put this method down. They all say you are closed on the way back and at the top.  I think there is a stigma with the square to square method from the 60s and 70s. Keep up the great work.

Leo

Hi Leo
Great to hear of your improvement.  Yes, progress takes time.  They thought the world was flat for a long time too. Thanks for the nice comments.

Ross
alanschulte
Steve Stricker uses the square clubface method.  Bert Yancey who finished 2nd to Lee Trevino in the 1968  US Open used it in the late 60s until his death.  
Ross
Makes sense to keep it square.  There is no benefit at all to open and close the face on the backswing... only problems.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
stgabby
The first video that attracted me to Toss was the square to square one. It has changed my golf life. I no longer search for the Holy Grail. Thanks Toss Duplessis!

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.