Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Anthony225
Ross,
On the downswing, does the right (back) elbow come in contact with the body when both elbows are in front of the body?
Ross
No...it should not contact the body.  If it is, your front elbow may be pointing at the target, instead of pointing back at the front hip, through impact.  Check for that.

At setup, the arms should be on top of the pectoral (pecs) muscles.  This allows the arms to be close together and free to be move by the body's rotation.  The arms do not pinch the chest.  The arms are essentially hanging from the shoulders as the body unwinds the shoulders.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Anthony225
Ok. On your full swing videos it appears that the right elbow is still bent when it gets back in front of your body. It also appears that it touches the front of your body above your right hip.
Ross
Yes it is bent.  The back elbow bends on the backswing and then the front elbow bends on the forward swing (after impact).  The elbows do bend.   Ideally, the front arm stays straight on the backswing, then after impact the back arm straightens. We want them to work (during the swing) towards each other to help maintain a constant length. 

As far as make contact... my arms hang close to my body (watch arms under shoulders) and will be closer for shorter clubs vs. longer.  I just want them to swing freely.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.