Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Dan
Hey Bro, I have a question. I'm a Ross Method putter - best method goin'. I've never considered that equipment is as important as executing the technique. What about in the case of oversized putter grips? Your thoughts? 

Ross, thanks for input. I'll try the gap for putting too.
Ross
Hi Dan
What ever you like because the wrists/hands/arms/elbows/hips don't change "ever" during the stroke.  I've also found this stroke even gets better... if you simulate our "gap drill".  Makes sure that the front wrist is flat and back wrist bent "in" holding... there can be a 4-6" gap... This makes it so easy for the shoulders to control.  You will love it!!.  Arms must hang under shoulders, athletic setup, square face (crucial) to the path.  You'll hit your line and speed every time.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Dan
Sounds good. Thanks.
As for my swing, I don't think of it as being a gap drill. It's just my set up. Playing a gap maintains the length of my arm and shaft. So the whole swing boils down to turning my shoulders - pause - turn my hips. Now I'm focusing on posture and trying to keep from dipping my head.
Let's get together sometime, maybe play nine.
Dan
Bro -
I've been practicing using the gap on my putting stroke.I have never hit the ball so solid every time. That was very good advice thanks a lot.
Ross
That's great to hear Dan.  I seems like leaving the gap, sets the wrists and lets you focus on the front shoulder only.  Almost like the putter head is out of view and you can just trust the front shoulder to get the job done without the need to hit at the ball with the hands.

"Push down ... pull up"

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Dan
You hit the nail on the head Ross. The gap and focusing on pushing down and pulling up - makes it simple. Another thing, you told me a few years ago that I wouldn't have to take the putter back very far and I could still get plenty of speed and distance. That is so true, when I'm stroking it solid, distance is no problem. This is going to make a big difference this season.
Ross
Boy... when you have confidence with putting, the game gets a lot easier.  Just ask Jordan [smile]

Also great to hear you're doing well and playing Dan.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.