Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Ed_Blackburn1
Hi Ross, I am 64 and have some shoulder issues. Not really bad yet but I would like to keep it that way. I was wondering if using hybrids (or hybrid like irons) even in the higher lofts to replace irons might be a bit better for keeping the impact force with the ground to a minimum. Your method has already helped immensely with that because I don't take much of a divot as it is. I tried a google search on the subject but can find nothing on the subject. I want to keep golfing as long as possible so everything that helps even if only in a minor capacity will be useful. 
Ross
Hi Ed
Yes, I would think hybrids would help some if you can learn to sweep them off the ground.  To minimize impact with the ground, experiment with ball position for the different hybrids.  Ideally you will find the "right-at-the-bottom" of the swing arc, to meet the ball.  If the ball is just a bit more forward than this right-at-the-bottom spot, you may hit it a bit thin, but still get a good result.  Too far forward and you may top it.  Just experiment.  If you're keeping your weight forward, you should be able to play the ball just inside or on your front toe (depending on loft).  You should see very little divot (if any).  If any of this causes you more pain, ... stop.  I think it will help some.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2019 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.