Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Student Question
When I start hitting short shot I find the ball is very low one half shot pws are not very high normal full swing wedge is about125yds but not terribly high can you add some ideas Thank you. Jim
Ross
Hi Jim
The first thing that comes to mind (if you're not blading them), is that the ball is too far back in your stance.  If you are impacting with the shaft in line with the front arm, at about the bottom of the swing arc (just about the instep of the front foot), and your haven't flipped, you'd be getting the loft of the club (so to speak).  Like 48 degrees for your pw.

Another idea is that you've hinged and then are holding that hinge into impact, delofting the club face.

I'd check for those issues.  You can always send me a couple videos then I would know for sure.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Rojo
What is blading please - and also what is chili dipping that you mention sometimes?  (I am a beginner to golf and have not heard these expressions before)

Ross
Welcome to golf Rojo.  I kind of just explained "blading" in your last question about the shots not getting off the ground.  Blading, is when the "leading edge" (the bottom of the front of the face of the club head), hits into the middle of the ball.  Ideally, you want the shaft to be leading the club head and the middle of the club face (sweet spot), to make contact with the ball... and hopefully with the face square to the target line and on a path traveling down the target line.

Chile dipping, is also when you throw the club head at the ball, but this time, you go under the ball.  You might be in high rough, or just "chunk" the ground under the ball so you don't hit much of the ball and it does not go very far.

Both of these issues can easily be fixed by my method... setting up correctly, then keeping the hands out of the shot and just let the body's rotation do the work.  Takes a little focus and practice, but makes golf a lot more fun and repeatable.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.