Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Ed_Blackburn1
Just wanted to say a few things about how much Ross's method has helped me. I am 60 y\o and have been playing seriously about 12 years. I had two sets of lessons during that time but never was able to get consistent with my ball striking. My scores would bounce all over the place but were usually high to mid 90's. I saw a video done by Ross on U Tube in which he described his method of keeping the club square through out the swing without the wrist hinge. I went to the range and tried it and was so impressed I decided to join the site and go for the whole enchilada with the Ross method. For the last three weeks it has been all drills and practice and my ball striking is amazing (by my standards). I mostly work with the trap and straight arm drills on a daily basis and have been practicing Ross's putting, chipping and pitching technique. My confidence is pretty high and I am will probably go play 9 holes tomorrow and see what happens. So thanks to Ross and I will let you know how the nine goes.[biggrin]
Ross
Thanks for the nice comments Ed.  I really appreciate you taking time to share your progress and success.  Please let us know how you do (playing 9).  Keep in mind... you want to practice your changes in your "routine" so they are familiar when you go play.  One good way to practice this is the 10 ball drill.

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Ed_Blackburn1
Shot a 45 on the nine, I was very happy because I rarely break 100 and to do that the first time out with the Ross method makes me ecstatic. So I had three doubles, three bogies and three pars (2 were tap ins).
Putting was my best ever, chipping and pitching need work as although I made good contact I have not practiced the new way enough to know which shot to make and where to place it...more mental mistakes than physical and I can work on that with practice.  I hit behind my 3 wood twice but other than those no real mishits. Drives were consistent and mostly on the fairway or first cut. One I hit in the woods on a tight fairway so I put my club down on the line of my feet and went back from behind and looked and saw I had aimed to the woods and hit it right where I was aimed.[eek]

Overall very happy and now I will practice the next two weeks (especially short game) and do the 10 ball drill every practice. Should be a great a summer thanks to Ross.
Ross
Great Ed!! On the 3 wood you hit behind, you may have slide a bit towards the back foot and didn't get back before impact.  Or, you may have unconsciously stopped the body unwinding and the hands took over.  If that 3 wood is on the ground, play it on the toe, or a tiny bit inside the front foot, but KEEP TURNING through impact... don't stop and help.

Yes the 10 ball drill will help you "focus" and follow your routine, so you can reproduce it on the course.  One really great think to say to yourself on the course, just before you start your routine is ... "Okay, I just hit this shot perfect on the range", (then take a practice swing recalling how it felt on the range) ... then start your routine and copy what you just did... IT WORKS!  That little recall practice swing adds a lot of confidence and takes the pressure off.

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.