Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
forum
I have had good success implementing you techniques however in finishing the swing I tend to fall off backwards.  It doesn't seem to affect the shot that I know off but indicates something is wrong.
Ross
That can be the body is stopping and being used to "sling" the arms through vs. turning to the finish.  The Large Muscles Drill, the Finish Drill, the Stop Rotate Drill will all help.  Learn to rotate with the majority of your weight on your front foot.

One other thing might be, you're "locking" your front knee on the downswing midway, and it is pushing you back.  The knee should stay flexed as you rotate, and then straighten up at the end of your swing.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
DaveF
Exact same problem I was having. I wasn't sitting down to the ball enough, I was lowering my chest. Once I sat down, literally like feeling I was on a chair, huge difference. I am now setting up 3-4" lower and although it feels extreme to what I was doing and what you normally see, but my knees feel soft and "activated" and I'm much more vertical to gravity - i.e. BALANCED as Ross teaches. Huge difference in power of course too. 

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.