Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Richard Show full post »
Ross
More knee flex to sit down to the ball is fine, as long as you are "Athletic".  Sometimes I tell my students to make sure their "chest" is still in or on top of your knees.  This helps setup the little "counter balance" the body does to keep your weight centered from front to back vs. letting the chest bend out over your toes.

Now, I'm not so sure about your "spot" and concentrating on it as you swing. I think a spot in front of the ball about 6" is needed to align the club face (using the feet, not hands or arms), then forget about it. 

Okay, this will really help everyone! You are learning something new you want your body to do... right?  Your body does not know what to do until you train it.  You can do this by sending images or visualizations to the brain seconds before it is time to "do" the new move ... here's how.

Once you are setup and ready to start the club back, look at the target and recite your (2) "keywords".  Keywords are (2) words (in equal rhythm),  (1) represents the backswing and (1) represents the downswing.  These keywords "replace" visualizations of what you want your body to do for the backswing and downswing.  This might be (Shoulders ...Hips)  or  (Hold ...Turn). Then, when you look back at the ball, you go! ... you "do" the (2) keywords.   These (2) keywords are what you are working on for the backswing and downswing.  You can experiment with these "keywords" until you find the words that help you achieve what you are working on.  These words should be "action" words... meaning, they send an image of what you intend to do vs. keywords like... (1... 2)  or (backswing... downswing). 

An example would be if you're having problems starting the swing with your hands grabbing the club... you could use the keyword (Shoulders) to send an image of your shoulders turning around your spine, right before it is time to start the swing.  Or if you are not continuing your turn all the way to the finish, you might visualize finishing the swing with your "hips left of target" and use the keyword... "left" or "finish".  Remember, these keywords replace the visualizations of what you want your body to do, for the backswing and downswing (in rhythm).  This idea is AWESOME once you incorporate it into your routine.  You do not want your mind "blank" right before you start ... you want (2) images of what you are going to do... then do it!  You can get your body to do amazing things if you just picture it right before you start your swing.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
DJC2650
Was wondering a couple of things - for driver, are most people using 3" tees?  Guess that is kind of relative but seems like a necessity to me if you are teeing it up with the ball ahead of the front foot.  Guess my question is, how high to tee it up for driver, how high to tee if up for 3 wood drives? 
Ross
Everyone is different how the club head will impact.  Just experiment and you'll see different results.  It will also depend on how close you play the ball to the bottom of the swing arc.  Max is about 3-4 in front for Driver, but 3 wood will not be as far out in front (in general).  You also may want to meet the ball right at the bottom of the swing arc for a different result.  Again... experiment.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.