Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
alanschulte
Ross:  Your method appears to be very connected throughout the swing.  How does your method compared to Hogan's five lessons or the square to square that Sam Goulden and Doug Tewell advocate?  
Ross
Sorry, I did read Hogan, Leadbetter, Carl Lohren and Michael Hebron, but have not researched any the other methods you mentioned.  I also don't compare methods.  Much of my method came from teaching.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
alanschulte
Ross:  I have a question about how far the club should be away from your leg or body address.  I understand about having the arms hang straight down from the shoulders, but should the grip be like four fingers from the front leg or closer?  
Ross
The reason I say "hang" is that every golfer and every club will be a little different.  There is no set distance.  You should not be activating any muscles to physically move the grip forward, or outward towards any particular body part... just let it hang.  One thing that is important, is that your upper arms should be on "top" of your pecs (if possible)... not pinching the sides of your pecs.  This allows the shoulders to freely control the arms/club.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2019 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.