Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Rojo
I am just new to this and have been trying it out over the last few days - sometimes when I have been trying it and thin I have things correct I hit the ball and it goes straight but it does not get off the ground!  (5/6 iron) what is the most likely cause of what I am doing wrong?

thanks
Ross
I would have to see to know for sure, but more than likely your flipping (throwing the club head at the ball, so at impact the leading edge of the club face hits into the middle of the ball (also called skulling the shot). 

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Ross
FYI... Eventually, keeping the arms/club in control through impact, isn't necessarily something you "have to do"...  it "happens" when the body rotation dominates.  It is kind of line one replaces the other... if you don't turn, the brain defaults to "use the hands" or "pull with the arms" ... anything to get the ball moving forward.  But, as the body's rotation becomes more and more ingrained, the brain now has an option.  It knows there is an alternative.  So the more you send the "mental picture" of rotating (and are successful moving the ball that way too), the brain will eventually relate and you'll want to "speed up" or "slow down" the rotation to achieve different distances (like throwing a ball).  This comes with practice.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.