Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
RAM
Ross, I committed to your system last year because of hip pain. I was able to continue to play golf thanks to you. I spent a lot of time on the drills and had good success by the end of the year ( November here in Iowa). I found I had to play the ball back more to center of stance to compress. Over the winter I got a new hip, and now have been cleared to swing again. I have started with the drills again and still find I have to play the ball back to make solid contact. Any thoughts on this, or do you need a video? I have never had a video analysis.

Thanks
RAM
Ross
The best would be for me to look at a couple videos, because there are many small nuances about setup and ball position, based on how you are actually moving through the swing.  You may have compensations, like not able to, or unaware of, not having enough of your weight forward (where all the rotation happens).  You may just be flipping and that does not work very well if the ball is forward, so you move it back to compensate.   If you can setup with at least 60% of your weight forward, and keep the setup shape through impact, and are rotating trapping the ball, I'd say play the ball there.

So... this all adds up to.. without a lot of speculation, and try this or that... if I could see your swing, from a couple swing videos (This can also be done via Skype too*),  I could really dial in on what is going on.

*I have students with golf rooms in their home or garage using a computer to Skype... or out in the yard with a laptop or tablet if you've got sufficient WiFi.  Occasionally from the range if there's enough bandwidth. It's not perfect, but all I need to see is a couple swings. 

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
RAM
Thanks for the reply Ross. I am setting up Skype on the laptop and will get back to you for an appointment. What is the internet speed requirement for successful Skype communication. I only have 1.5 M.

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.