Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Student Question

Ross, on bunker shots, I was wondering do you do it the same as pitch shots, but open the face I think I finally got the backswing down when I resist the hips I wasn’t turning the shoulders enough to build up tension to have that spring like effect

thanks David  (when is the book coming out?)

Ross

Hi David
Yes, bunker just like pitch, but pre-set the ball and your weight “more” forward.  Feel like your knees are already pointing towards the target… keep that position as you use only the shoulders… then just unwind.  You should feel like that ball is right on that front toe.  You  do not want any weight shift… just stay and rotate.  Let the body do the job (not arms/hands).

Well, the “Book” has been on the back-back burner.  If I find time, I have new and re-do lesson videos on the front burner.  I’ve also been working on a studio video room to offer maybe “live” analysis or Q & A sessions, if I can get enough bandwidth… still working on the idea.

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Jimbohaw
Ross wrote:

Hi David
Yes, bunker just like pitch, but pre-set the ball and your weight “more” forward.  Feel like your knees are already pointing towards the target… keep that position as you use only the shoulders… then just unwind.  You should feel like that ball is right on that front toe.  You  do not want any weight shift… just stay and rotate.  Let the body do the job (not arms/hands).

Well, the “Book” has been on the back-back burner.  If I find time, I have new and re-do lesson videos on the front burner.  I’ve also been working on a studio video room to offer maybe “live” analysis or Q & A sessions, if I can get enough bandwidth… still working on the idea.

Ross

Jimbohaw
Ross,

On these green-side bunkers, do you think about hitting the sand a couple of inches behind the ball, or do we just set up as you describe here and rotate through?
Ross
Hi Jim
Don't think about hitting the sand... think ROTATION through the sand.  I was working with a student yesterday on this exact thing.  Yes, you enter the sand a bit behind like 1" and the weight forward, ball played by the front toe and TURN!!  We do not throw the club head at the sand... shaft says in line with the front arm and just use the body to rotate completely.  The ball come right out.  The sand move the ball.  You must commit your body rotation.  Fast or slow for different results, but the forward rotation must be committed and complete.

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.