Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
Student Question

I noticed that I was hitting many of my shots to the right of my target and from where I thought my body was aligned – not slicing or cutting, just straight but to the right of the target.

Thanks, Jim

Ross

Hi Jim

Alignment is a weird thing.  Some of it has to do with perception.  If your body thinks you are aligned right, it will make subconscious moves to pull the ball left or flip the face closed.  You can’t fool yourself.  Also, your shoulder line, toe line etc. do not point at the target, they are parallel to the target.  The line where the ball is points at the target.  So, if you put a club behind the ball pointing at the target, then a club parallel to it between your feet and the ball, you can start to get an idea of how your body lines are parallel to the clubs on the ground.

One last idea on this… the ball position can also change where the ball will go, depending on when along the target line you pick it up.  Too soon and it goes right (right hander) and too late can go left.  Hope this helps.

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Richard
Where do yo actually position the ball at setup?
Ross
It is not that easy, because different clubs impact the ball differently and for different results.  For example  3 wood vs. SW.  With my method (since we rotate), in general,  the ball is played just inside your front foot.  I explain this more here... Ball Position and Front Hip Rotation.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF

© Copyright 2005-2020 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.