Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more

Quick update from Las Vegas #golfinstruction #golflessons #duplessisgolf #golfhelp

A post shared by Ross DuPlessis (@duplessisgolf) on

Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Ross

Administrator
The Yips do not exist with my method... period.  The only reason someone yips is because of the hands flipping or helping.  The fix: ROTATE AND TRAP THE BALL WITH FIXED WRISTS AS YOU TURN THROUGH.

Inconsistency because of active hands, is the #1 reason I developed my method many years ago.  Large Muscles doing the work with fixed hands/wrists, works with every shot in golf.  The hands/flipping/releasing/helping or whatever you want to call it, will never be reliable.... ever.  All of us can use the hands when there's no pressure or doubt.  Once doubt is in the mind, you're in trouble.  Once doubt embeds in your head, it will raise it's ugly head when the time comes. 

Once again...the answer... get the hands out and learn to trap via rotation... the only real fix I know.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Tallguy

Trying to keep my hands out of the swing & 60% weight on front foot, Ross.  Baby Steps For Me, Since I've always been a wristy player for the last 40 years!  Watching "The Masters", Isn't Jordan Spieth a good example for your teaching methods?  Seems like he doesn't really set his wrists & simply turns his shoulders in the backswing & unwinds in the downswing.
Ross

Administrator
Yes, Spieth has some of the elements I teach... especially putting, with a slightly forwards pressed shape through impact. NO RELEASE and the impact is slightly ascending up into the ball for great end over end roll.  That is why he was getting the ball to the hole or passed in the Masters... many were short because they flipped or hit the ball descending or at the bottom.   That, will drive the ball down into the ground, make it hop.  You want to meet the ball, with fixed wrists, shaft leading, on the up swing in putting.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Tallguy

Your swing has really helped my short game, Ross!  I was a doubter at first, so I played a 30 yd. pitch from soft sand, mud, & hard pan, keeping my weight 70% on left foot & hands & wrists "Frozen".  I nipped all 3 shots perfectly!  Now if I can keep my hands "passive" & bring that swing to my irons & driver!  Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2005-2017 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.