Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more

Quick update from Las Vegas #golfinstruction #golflessons #duplessisgolf #golfhelp

A post shared by Ross DuPlessis (@duplessisgolf) on

Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Ross

Administrator

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Ross

Administrator
Ross,

The Gap drill promotes a full, rotation in that I did not feel I could get the club head to the ball (and close the gap) without turning through to the target. On the course I kept a smaller gap on every swing to promote the same feeling and used the hold-turn-hips swing thought on every swing. With the driver though, I kept a big gap just as on the range as that just seems to be best for me now.

Thanks again for all you do.

Craig

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Silky1

Ross
Are you suggesting the gap on all clubs except driver?

Thanks
Jim

Administrator
You can make the call on that... experiment with all clubs.  Setting up with the gap becomes very comforting in a short period of time.  It also seems to be removing a variable of the hands helping on the takeaway.  All this is still kind of newish... but have not seen anyone yet that has not liked or improved with it after some practice.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Silky1

Thanks Ross,
Will give it a workout.Love the progress I am making with your method.[biggrin]

Administrator
That's great to hear Silky1 [thumb]

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
hacker73

I had been having a problem with leaving putts short. I reviewed your putting videos which helped me focus on hitting past the hole, but I also added a variation in leaving a gap between my ball and the putter at address. The gap drill had helped me make better contact with other clubs, so I thought, "why not" for the putter. Setting up with a gap helped me achieve a smoother follow-through by not anticipating the ball strike (if that makes sense). It also kept me from leaving putts short. Anyone else tried this?
Ross

Administrator
Oh yea... for sure!!! A few of us have been discussing this... it is awesome... Here check out Dan's posts on this subject.

http://forums.duplessisgolf.com/search?searchid=37825701&showas=post&userid=3187163&sort=lastpost&order=desc

Ross

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
georgek

Ross, 

I tried the Gap Drill at the range today with a 7 iron, hybrid and driver and it really worked for me.  I felt my wrist was in the right position (nice and flat) and stayed that way through the baskswing without having to contort my shoulders at set up.  It also made a big difference for me in having a proper finish.  Kinda weird having the ball a little forward of the club at address but not after you hit a few good ones.  I will be making this a part of my regular practice plan.  Thanks for the great idea. [smile]

George
Ross

Administrator
That's great georgek!  I can not think of any reason, not to play that way if it works for you.  If you think about it ... the gap drill sets up, where the club will end up anyway, shortly in to the takeaway.  It also helps lets the shoulders start the backswing, without the hands feeling the need to take control or change things.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2005-2017 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.