Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more

Quick update from Las Vegas #golfinstruction #golflessons #duplessisgolf #golfhelp

A post shared by Ross DuPlessis (@duplessisgolf) on

Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
EmailsToRoss

Administrator

Hi,

I've been watching your video lessons on youtube and I gotta say you're outstanding in explaining the simplicity of a golf shot. I've been adding your ideas into my swing and it has made wonders. Only setback... :-) Length is about 15 yards shorter than previously, but it's all about learning to select another club. 

Best Regards, Tobbe 

Sweden

Hi Tobbe

Thank you for the nice comments.  Yes, that (losing some distance) can happen to some golfers at first... but hitting solid and straight and a bit shorter is not a bad thing (keeps the ball in play and a happy golfer).  Now, with some direction and practice, you can pick up some more yards… example:  You must turn the shoulders first (like give the club head a 2’ head start), to start the back muscles winding from top down.  This is a very powerful move.  Also, if you resist a bit with the lower body as the shoulders start (for just a bit), you will see more power too. 

Ross

carlgo

Ross, could you elaborate some on your reply to Tobbe regarding the shoulder move, etc.? Not sure I understand the details. 
Thanks
carlgo
Ross

Administrator
If you watch the Lesson Video "Resist on the Takeaway" you'll see what I'm talking about...but, essentially it's:

The Backswing - Starts and turns around the spine, at the "Shoulders" first. The shoulders start and get a little "head start" so to speak.  That is why you see so many tour pros (Jason Day great example), move their arms/club back just a little (using the shoulders only), right before they start their swing*. They're "reminding" the body "which muscles are in control" and will start the backswing... and it better be the shoulders** for a repeatable swing.

FYI...this move is in many of my Drills.  It is the first move of the Large Muscles Drill.

*  This replaces the "waggle", which was taught as a "relaxing" move, but what it really did, is get the hands ready to take control.  We want the "shoulders" to start and take control for a more repeatable swing.  

** The hands/arms do not start, grab, help, lift or add anything to the backswing in my method.  If they do, the Large Muscles have lost control and your consistency will drop dramatically.  Many times if your hands start the takeaway, it is because your leaning or resting on the club on the ground and it's "stuck".  Fix by finding athletic balance.  EVERY club (putter too), should be just hovering off the ground.  You should Never be leaning forward on it or letting it just rest on the ground.  If you are, you're not ready and will have to "grab" and "lift" it with the hands on the takeaway.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
carlgo

Thanks, I had a bout of bad reading comprehension. You were obviously writing about how to wind up, not unwind. I do understand and apply your concept, but this PM I had better work on keeping the clubs off the ground.

Thanks
carlgo 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2005-2017 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.