Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more

Quick update from Las Vegas #golfinstruction #golflessons #duplessisgolf #golfhelp

A post shared by Ross DuPlessis (@duplessisgolf) on

Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Ross

Administrator
I think a big key for you, is to make sure that ball is just inside the front foot (or farther forward depending on club)!  If the ball is too far back, the club face will appear to be more de-lofted.  

You can also leave a gap.  The club head can be behind the ball a few inches (or more experiment) at setup and will work perfectly fine when you rotate through impact... it will still make perfect contact with the ball (because of the rotation).

I find it easier to just setup with 60% forward first thing... then as you sit down, you're already there.  It is easier than setting up equal... then sitting down... then shifting.  It can just be done all at once.  Try to just have a feeling with every club, that you have more weight forward right from the start of setup.  It will also help you with ball position decisions.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
DJC2650

Thanks very much Ross.  Everything is going well and I am trying to get my whole set up to be more routine.  Actually I am hitting high shots for the clubs involved, I just wanted a little less going on right before the swing (i.e. the weight shift forward plus my forward press).  Will definitely incorporate moving the weight forward prior to sitting down to the ball.

Sure wish I had learned about your system years ago.  Fortunate for us that you kept pursuing your golf refinements until it evolved to a completely new golf style.
Ross

Administrator
Glad to hear you're improving.  Thanks for the nice comments.  If you just keep putting in the time & effort you will continue to improve.

Move Less ... Get Good!   

DUPLESSISGOLF
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2005-2017 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.