Forums at duplessisgolf

Move Less ... Get Good!

Access over 90 Lesson Videos by PGA Professional Ross duPlessis ... learn more
  • Chipping hand position

Hi Ross, I was watching the pitching videos again and noticed it looks like you have choked up on the wedge... Is that accurate and if so do you...

3 43

Started by Ed_Blackburn1

• 5 Wood setup

Ross, would this be the same as the 3 Wood? Position the ball and take one step to the right?

1 38

Started by Ed_Blackburn1

• Wrist Hinge

Ross, At setup there is an initial wrist hinge. I know that with your method we don't consciously add wrist hinge during the swing, but is it...

3 91

Started by Anthony225

• Elbows and Ross Move

Ross, In regards to bringing the elbows back down in front of the body does the correct unwinding involve bringing the right bent elbow down in...

5 151

Started by Anthony225

• Ross Move Goal

Ross, One issue I have struggled with is transitioning from the Ross Move drill to an actual swing. Especially transitioning to a full swing where...

6 107

Started by Anthony225

• Left arm straightening

Hi Ross, My left arm seems bending a little in backswing due to lack of flexibility of my body. How important in your method is this left arm...

5 93

Started by Jason2010

• Arms on Top of Chest

Since the Ross setup has elbows and arms together on top of the chest, do you feel like the arms stay in front of the chest during the backswing? Is...

1 75

Started by Anthony225

• Gap drill and driver set up

Hi Ross, Two questions 1. On the gap drill for wedges and short irons do you use this gap just as a drill or is your actual on course shot going to...

1 87

Started by Mike4040

• Trajectory control

I wonder how you control low or high trajectories in your method. I understand the shaft and left arms should be in line at impact. Should I be...

1 76

Started by Jason2010

• Distance control within 100m

Hi Ross, I found your lesson superb!!!! During the 20 years of my golf life, I have used my wrists flipping around a ball and tried to find good...

5 78

Started by Jason2010

• 3 iron shots very low

Ross, I am having difficulty getting height on my 3 iron. It feels like I am making good contact and I can even make a divot after the ball. The ball...

1 54

Started by Anthony225

• Pitch vs. Chip

Ross, What are some of your thoughts that help you determine when to chip vs. when to pitch? There are some situations where I can't decide...

16 1,451

Started by Jimbohaw

• Tiger and Phil

Ross, Just wondering - are you going to watch Tiger and Phil at Shadow Creek in November? Also, just thought I’d let you know, I’m playing some...

3 71

Started by Dan

• Upper Left Arm Connection

Ross, Do you and should I maintain a physical connection between my upper left arm (front arm) and my chest from take away through impact? I've been...

6 121

Started by Anthony225

• Hip socket ball position

Hello Ross, Just looking for clarification on the ball position. In one of the videos you say play the ball opposite the left hip socket . I get that...

2 104

Started by Mike4040

• Power golfer with fast hips

Ross, I am 29 I have been a good golfer most of my life 4-7 handicap but have always struggled with inconsistencies. I have good power but have...

9 276

Started by joecoz17

• DON’T Keep Your Head Down

On a Golf Swing Analysis, I mentioned to one of my students that he was keeping his head down too long and was restricting the downswing. The head...

2 829

Started by Student Question

• Breathing control just before hitting

Thanks a lot for your tuition via simple video's. Just adding some further thoughts to the swing BREATHING OVER THE BALL BEFORE HITTING . Iam...

1 114

Started by gazzagtnz

• Checking the balance of a new golf ball

Have you read or know About the balancing of a golf ball ? If so do you know how to perform this type of operation ?. New balls from the major...

3 86

Started by gazzagtnz

• Driver Pushed or Slightly Sliced - Ball Position

Original email: Hello Ross, I love your golf swing technique my game is much improved. I shot 81 today, but we caught this drive on video and it was...

0 163

Started by EmailsToRoss

• Grip Pressure

Ross, I've heard you mention using a firm grip pressure but in your grip pressure setup video you recommend a 3 on a scale of 10 grip pressure. Is...

2 154

Started by Anthony225

• Hitting lofted woods

Struggling hitting lofted hybrid woods on approach to greens....shanking ...miss hitting fats shoots...you name it I do it with these very lofted...

5 171

Started by gazzagtnz

• 45 Degrees

Ross, been a Ballard student since my mini tour days. After college I thought to get to the next level I needed to do what the pros were doing. Hal...

4 143

Started by ayersjj

• Back swing

Ross: in your videos re: takeaway. U say go back until the shoulders finish the turn. Do you suggest lifting to arms even further after the...

2 134

Started by sterling

• Impact Position

Ross, During the Ross Move you teach to bring the elbows back in front of the body to get into the impact position. Can this also be done by...

2 96

Started by Anthony225

© Copyright 2005-2019 DUPLESSISGOLF All rights reserved.